ACEAS aspires to make significant contributions in many ways, including:
- Research impact: develop knowledge to help reduce the impact of unexpected developments and the passing of tipping points in the East Antarctic and the adjacent Southern Ocean
- Establishing fundamental datasets and tools of international significance: revealing key processes, observations of state and change, and developing new capabilities for predicting the future of the East Antarctic and the Southern Ocean.
- Partnership and stakeholder engagement: working with key stakeholder groups across industry and government, as well as international policy-informing and regulatory agencies
- Workforce development: developing a new generation of early-career researchers trained broadly in Antarctic science, law, governance and policy, who are ready for jobs in industry, government and academia.
- ON THIN ICE: a science briefing about changes in Antarctic sea ice
- Antarctica and the Southern Ocean: insights from the 2022 IPCC WGII report
If you want to partner with us in any area of activity, develop a collaborative project, offer a work placement, or learn more about our work, please get in touch.